via Real Clear Education
June 2, 2014
Education finance data include revenues, expenditures, debt and assets [cash and security holdings] of elementary and secondary public school systems. Statistics cover school systems in all states, and include the District of Columbia. Data are available in viewable tables and downloadable files.
- Public Education Finances Report [PDF, 8.3MB]
Downloadable Data – Files are available containing complete data for all items surveyed and all data item flags.
- State-level Tables – State-level tables containing selected revenue, expenditure, debt, and asset (cash and securities) data items available in Excel format. [EXCEL, 461KB] (Survey Documentation and File Layout) [PDF, 195KB]
- Individual Unit Tables – Individual unit tables containing data for selected revenue, expenditure, and debt data items for all school systems. [EXCEL 7.94MB] | [TXT, 4.77MB] (Survey Documentation and File Layout) [PDF, 195KB]
- All Data Items – Files containing data for all items on the F-33 survey form, as well as unit identifiers, descriptive variables, and summary data items. Each file contains data for all school systems. [EXCEL, 14.42MB] | [TXT 7.12MB] (Survey Documentation and File Layout) [PDF, 195KB]
- Data Item Flags – Beginning with fiscal year 1999, the F-33 school system finance files include data item flags to indicate whether a data item was reported by the state education agency or adjusted by the Census Bureau. [EXCEL 27,13MB] | [TXT 8.16MB] (Survey Documentation and File Layout) [PDF, 195KB]