March 5, 2015
Bring the many benefits of yoga into your home or classroom!
Yoga Connects is a visual yoga curriculum specifically designed for young people with autism and related challenges in the areas of communication, attention, sensory processing, and emotional regulation. Participants will:
- Gain a basic understanding of yoga and its potential benefits
- Learn general principles of safety and alignment
- Understand how breathing affects the nervous system
- Become familiar with the sequences included in the Yoga Connects curriculum
- Practice facilitating Yoga Connects sessions using the curriculum kit
Who should participate: Parents of, and professionals working with children and young adults with ASD or other developmental challenges.
When: 2 Sundays, 3/29 and 4/12,10:00am - 6:00pm,
with a one-hour break for lunch (total of 14 hours)
55 Chapel Street, Suite 202
Newton, MA 02458
Cost: $425/person (includes the complete Yoga
Connects Visual Yoga curriculum ($150 value!)
Praise for Instructor Hannah Gould and Yoga Connects
To register, please contact Amanda Renzi at 617-658-9800, ext. 0 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't delay; capacity is limited!
Read the journal article "Yoga Generates Huge Benefits for Children with Autism."