May 8, 2015
Featuring AANE's Brenda Dater, MPH, MSW, author of Parenting Without Panic.
As the school year comes to a close, Brenda Dater provides practical ideas and strategies for parenting without panic all summer long, incorporating real-life stories, validation and hope to empower the parents of children with special needs.
This session will be devoted to providing parents with an opportunity to share their experiences and concerns, and to listen to Brenda talk about what she has learned from parenting her own children with special needs.
Topics will include:
- When to talk to your child about their diagnosis;
- Understanding behaviors of children on the spectrum;
- How to foster resilience in your child;
- How to build compassion and flexibility among siblings;
- How to bring a little less chaos to your daily life.
When: 7:00 - 9:00pm Thursday, May 28, 2015
Where: Commonwealth Learning Center
220 Reservoir Street, Suite 6, Needham, MA
Admission is free, but space is limited and first come, first served. Call (781) 444-5193 or email us to RSVP at your earliest convenience. Coffee and dessert will be provided.